• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I seem to have slight abdominal swelling

bignbrown

Bluelighter
The lower part of my abdomen seems to be slightly distented, i wouldnt exactly say swollen but bloated, more out and definatly not like it used to be, the only explanation is ive been caining opiates recently (prescribed for pain) for about 8-9 days and the doctors said in an xray that i was severely constipated, could that cause this?

hernia causing the swelling, opiates causing the constipation?

If you are trim, being "backed up" can cause noticeable swelling. Does it hurt when you push down on it? As Changed suggested, you may be herniating. Go see your doctor again.

nah it doesnt hurt, and i am very slim so i guess thats what is causing it.

I'd go to the doctor though. If it is a hernia and it gets pinched, you can die.

Distention is a cause for concern. It can happen when you are constipated. Take a laxative (be sure to get enough water), if it doesn't help the distention, do see your doc.

ive already had abomdinal examinations and also an ultrasound and they said nothing is a cause for concern so im thinking its just the opiates causing the constipation and causing it.

Another thing i have which is annoying me is there doesnt seem to be enough blood getting to my feet, they are extremely cold to touch and look very pale, even when i warm them up they are like ice to touch, should i see a doc about this?

are you fat? poor circulation in feet could possibly be from diabetes.

on the other hand, some people just naturally have cool feet.

If I were you, I'd go see the doctor about all these issues. Believe me, if you have health insurance, you should take advantage of it. I've been without it for close to 2 years now. I'm going back to school, so I'll be on my parents health insurance again. I plan on going the first day I'm eligible, and having him do every single test he can on me to make sure I'm in tip-top shape. You should do the same!

are you fat? poor circulation in feet could possibly be from diabetes.

on the other hand, some people just naturally have cool feet.

If I were you, I'd go see the doctor about all these issues. Believe me, if you have health insurance, you should take advantage of it. I've been without it for close to 2 years now. I'm going back to school, so I'll be on my parents health insurance again. I plan on going the first day I'm eligible, and having him do every single test he can on me to make sure I'm in tip-top shape. You should do the same!

no im skinny :p Ill get an appointment soon, i am very backed up from daily prescribed tramadol and codeine though.